Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summerfest Week 8 Challenges

I finished all of the challenges for week 8 of Summerfest at The Scrapping Nook with just minutes to spare. The last two that I completed were, for some unknown reason, a bit more of a challenge for me than they should have been. But the important thing is that they are all finished and posted.


I scrambled to have just the right number of items to finish the Fifty is Nifty challenge. I used my kit for the Two Scrapbook Friends product challenge and added a few things. My fifty items were:
1 background paper
2 die cut clouds
1 paper circle
1 journal block
2 tickets
4 pieces ribbon
4 staples
3 waves
1 sticker border
2 stickers
1 ink
3 fish
3 buttons 
5 numbers
17 words
The journaling reads: "Hold all my calls please. I'm spending the day relaxing in the pool!"







For the $3.00 or Less challenge, I used this fabulous die cut paper from K & Company and some Bazzill cardstock (total $2.83). I highlighted with my Zig marker and my Signo white pen. I doodled the 'Before' and 'After', but I'm not thrilled with how they turned out. The photos are of Samuel's first haircut. Can you believe that I finally agreed to cut off his beautiful curls? He doesn't look like a baby anymore --- he's a little man. Sob!!!







One of our challenges was to scraplift something from Tara at the Nook. I found a beautiful card that she had created involving four sections, ribbon and a middle piece with the sentiment. I used Little Yellow Bicycle's Zinnia line, some American Crafts ribbon, and Inkadinkado's Boxed Wishes stamp.






Our sketch this week was a lovely one from the Prima blog. I attempted to combine a Quickutz Flourish border die with a Quickutz Flower (pop up) border die (which is one of the dies being highlighted for Quickutz Korner at the Scrapping Turtle). It was a bit more challenging than I anticipated and I'm not sure I'm totally in love with the end result. You can't tell in the photo, but the flower border was spritzed with Glimmer Mist. There are bling crystals in the centres of the popped up flowers. I also added Prima flowers on the flourish border. I used Bazzill cardstock, Collage Press and Making Memories papers, and Rusty Pickle letters.







Our photo challenge for this week was to take a photo of either a sunrise or a sunset. Here is my sunset:




1 comment:

Joanne said...

What a beautiful sunset and great creations! I can't believe how different your little man looks with his haircut!