Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Colour Card

I am very behind in my birthday cards right now. Actually I'm behind with a lot of cards, but I'm trying to get caught up. But at least I can mark one more off of my list now, thanks to this challenge.



One of the Summerfest challenges at The Scrapping Nook this week is a colour challenge. We were limited to using only blue, red, yellow, black and white on our project --- no other colours were allowed. The first thing I thought when I read that challenge was that those would be great colours for a birthday card. Then I thought of my EK Success border punches and pulled out two of them --- the candles because it is a birthday card and the ABC123 because it is a card for a little boy who turned 2 this year (he is doing a fabulous job of learning his letters and numbers too). Since I'm not mailing this card I decided to try a square card -- 6x6 to be exact. Then I cut different sized squares in the different colours. I punched three with the candle punch and the white one with the other punch. Then I proceeded to layer my squares. The edges are inked with black ink as well. I finished it off with an Inkadinkado stamp from the Humorous Birthday set --- I stamped the Happy part four times and the Birthday part once.





Now I just need to get the card and the present I've had for months delivered -- hopefully before the little guy has his next birthday LOL!!!

No comments: