Saturday, August 1, 2009

More Summerfest

I am, sadly, a week behind on challenges for Summerfest at The Scrapping Nook. Last week was such a busy week for me that I didn't manage to finish the challenges, with the exception of the photo challenge.The photo challenge for week five was "treasure" and had to be a photo of something we treasure. People weren't allowed. I chose my angel collection and took a photo of two of them. The big one is especially important to me, as it was a gift from my Mom. Love you Mom!!!!





So far this week (week six) I have two challenges finished.



The first one I've completed is the "Blast From The Past" ad challenge. We were given an old Campbells' soup print ad to take inspiration. My good friend Marissa had some fabulous suggestions and ideas for this one. Without her help I never would have come up with the fantastic layout I did. It used the Summer Soiree line from Fancy Pants. I did a lot of hand cutting on this one - two of the clouds, sun, waves. Three of the clouds are cut with my Quickutz Cloud die (otherwise known as Dee's Cloud). All of the clouds were flocked and I made the sun glitter using Stickles. I pop dotted four clouds, the sun, the middle wave and the title. The photo was taken at Waterloo Park.






The other challenge I have completed so far is the Colour challenge. We were given the colour combination of orange, chocolate brown, light blue and raspberry. With those colours I created my 'Hi' card. I used a Fiskars border punch on the light blue and embossed the chocolate brown in my Cuttlebug. The butterflies were created using my Quickutz Butterfly die. With the Signo white pen doodling I think the card turned out quite nice.






I'm off to work on the other challenges for this week, then hopefully on last week's challenges.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Loving the LO (tee hee) and the card is GORGEOUS!!!
Great job with the challenges...

~Chris~ said...

Your Angel Statue is beautiful. Love your Creations. Great Colors