Sunday, August 9, 2009

Final Week 7 Challenge

The final challenge for week 7 of Summerfest at The Scrapping Nook was one I had a bit of difficulty with. The "What's Old Is New Again" challenge required us to 'revisit' an old layout or card and enhance it. I honestly didn't want to change any of the layouts I've done, as I am a firm believer in letting them show the progression of my scrapbooking. But then I happened to be going through my card stash looking for a particular card and I came upon this one.





I've never been completely happy with the dark pink background. I also felt that the strip at the bottom needed something more. Overall the card seemed to be calling out for a bit more bling. Of course the biggest issue was the seed beads --- which were falling off!!!! So I had found my project.



I changed the background to green, made the corners fancy and inked the edges of the paper. I took off all the seed beads and replaced them with faux stitching and Stickles. I added a Dew Drop to the flower. I outlined the flower, butterfly and the green patterned paper with my Gelly Roll Clear Star pen. Finally, I added some tiny Prima flowers to the strip at the bottom and added a Dimensional Pearls centre to each flower.





It still isn't perfect and I'm not sure I like this background either, but it is better. At least now I can use it without worrying about all those beads.

No comments: