Monday, August 31, 2009

August Mystery Challenge

Before I show you what I did with the fabulous Scrapping Turtle August Mystery Kit, I am thrilled to announce that the layout I did for the July Mystery Kit was chosen as the winning layout. I am so excited!!!!! It was posted on the Scrapping Turtle blog too.



Here is what my winning layout looked like:




The August kit was a lot of fun to work with, as are all the kits. I really like the Jillibean Soup papers and Lori combined some fabulous goodies in this kit. We certainly were given lots to work with. I created the 'frame' around the paper using strips of the papers we were given. I cut the Quickutz border piece into four equal pieces for each of the corners, then embellished those with flowers, the centres from the border piece, brads and the ribbon.  The frogs were hand cut from the paper. 





I'm really excited to see what surprised Lori has for us in the September kit. I know it will be something fabulous!!!!

2 comments:

Regan said...

OMG these are fabulous!

Patty said...

I didn't know you WON!!! You never told me! I guess that shows that I need to make a routine of visiting your blog! Way to go!!!