Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Sketch, an Old Photo, and Some Sass

"Past Blast" combines three challenges: my friend Dee's sketch challenge at the Scrapping Turtle, the Summerfest challenge to use an old photo from The Scrapping Nook, and my own challenge to finally use some of my stash of Sassafras Lass. I love Sassafras, but I haven't taken the plunge to actually use it that often. This layout uses Anthem, and everything comes from the line except for the Bazzill cardstock and the photo.





The photo is an old one of myself and my brothers. I have another one with the three of us and my parents that goes with this one. I'll have to hunt it out and scrap it one of these days.



Journaling reads: " This photo always makes me smile. I don't remember when it was taken. It was a formal portrait sitting, taken in the basement of the bank. Interesting fashion sense. I remember hating that fabric, yet everything was made from it. I don't know what made Scott pair a light blue suit with a purple shirt. And Stephen -- all grown up, independent and looking very ... umm ... Biblical. Ah, those were the days. I still love this photo."

Thanks for the sketch Dee!!!!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Don't you just love the photos from when we were younger? I always get such a chuckle out of mine! Great layout!