Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Real Friend

In the last year or so I've been very blessed to have some very special people come into my life. They've all been there while I've travelled this difficult road that I'm on --- offering their love and support unconditionally. They are the ones who've listened, who've called, who've emailed, who've been ready with hugs and shoulders to lean on. They are the ones who've proved to me that true friends --- real friends --- are there for you no matter what. They pick me up when I am down, offer me advice and support, and never once have made me feel guilty for not being the 'strong' person I used to be. Each of them make me feel accepted, appreciated, and supported without question. Some of them are friends I've had for a long time, some are friends I've discovered in the last year or so, some are friends who have grown from acquaintances to dearly loved friends, some are friends from the internet that I've never met, and some are people I've reconnected with after years of having little or no contact. I love and appreciate each and every one of them. The sentiment on this card made me realize just how many real friends I have. I could send this to so many different people. Since it is only one card and I can't send it to all of them, I am posting it here with my love and gratitude to each and every one of my real friends. You all know who you are :)





The quote was assigned as a challenge for Summerfest at The Scrapping Nook. It reads "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out" and was written by Walter Winchell. Cardstock is Bazzill, paper is Basic Grey, and the silhouette was cut on my Cricut using the "A Child's Year" cartridge.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

What a sweet card and a beautiful post!

Deanna said...

It is because you rock girlfriend!

Marissa said...

Love the card!!!
You are amazing, and can do so much.
just remember that.