Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Round Card

Regan posted a fabulous card sketch challenge at the Scrapping Turtle last week. Unlike most card sketches that are square or rectangular, Regan's is round. As soon as I saw it I thought "Wow!!! Great idea!!!" The cards created by the Design Team for Regan's challenge are fabulous (you should go to the forum and check them out). I knew I had to give her challenge a try.


I started thinking about it and looking through my scrap bin. I love to use my scraps for cards whenever I can. I found the Scenic Route paper with the fish on it and then I found some left over Cosmo Cricket Snorkel paper. There was also a piece of blue Bazzill cardstock left over that was big enough to form the base of the card. I even found a left over wave that I'd cut out for another project and didn't use. With the addition of some Making Memories alpha stickers (which happened to be left overs as well) I had a cute little pool invitation.





Since I used only scraps for this card it also fit perfectly for the Summerfest Just Scrap It challenge at The Scrapping Nook


I really like this card -- it's cute if you ask me :) Just for the record, the invitation is for a swim in a little inflatable pool -- but you are still welcome to come :)

Thanks for the fabulous sketch Regan!!!!!

3 comments:

shelby said...

very cute! Love the round card, unique and perfect for a pool invite, it's like a big bubble!

Marissa said...

WTG. Love your take on the sketch!!!

Regan said...

ok duh...how did I miss this one..I LOOOOVE it