Thursday, July 16, 2009

Scrappers Island Week 6

Even though I have immunity for this week on Scrappers Island at Two Scrapbook Friends, I had to create a layout in order to move on. 


Our challenge this week involved another great sketch by Karan Gerber along with three criteria.
1. We had to use "crappy" or less than perfect photos.
2. We had to use our "crap" - meaning our older papers and supplies.
3. We had to take our colour scheme from a provided image of a living room.


I had no problem selecting my photos. These photos from my brother's 50th birthday came to mind instantly. I can't say the same when it came to papers. I struggled with that one. I recently reorganized my papers by manufacturer and didn't know where to begin. I ended up asking a couple of friends if they could suggest lines that might work (thanks ladies!!!!). I ended up pulling out some old Sweetwater, Bo Bunny and Scenic Route.






I'm quite pleased with the finished creation.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

It is beautiful Heather... you are rockin this contest!