Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Scrappers Island Week 5

I survived another week on Scrappers Island on the Two Scrapbook Friends forum. This week we were given another fabulous sketch by Karan Gerber to work from.  We had to use a die cut shape as our background. We also had to use lots of layers blending cardstock and patterned paper, have brackets surrounding our title, and include either a bling or chipboard photo corner.






I had so much fun creating this layout. I used papers from Pink Paislee and Crate Paper, my Fiskars border punches, Bazzill cardstock, my Quickutz Flourish border die, Prima bling, Pink Paislee flower, K & Company Naked Tag, Stickles, American Crafts Thickers, chipboard brackets, Catseye ink, and Glossy Accents. I cut the flourish out three times, out of patterned paper and cardstock, but them all in half, then layered them to create the partial frame around the photo. I was inspired to use the flourish die by my friend Kim, who has posted a challenge on the Scrapping Turtle blog


The amazing photos were taken by my dear friend Kim Munro (yes, the same Kim who posted the challenge on the blog). We had an awesome day visiting her a week or so ago and the pictures she took are breathtaking. These are just two of many. Can't wait to scrapbook some more :) Thanks Kim!!!!!

I will definitely be around for week 6 of Scrappers Island. Tonight I participated in a very challenging Immunity Challenge on the Two Scrapbook Friends forum. We were given a list of 50 scrambled words/phrases and challenged to unscramble them. Some of them were very difficult. I managed to unscramble 44 of the 50 words before the time deadline. I was pretty impressed with myself for that!!!!! Myself and two other participants now have immunity from this week's elimination vote on Thurday. Good luck to those ladies still in the vote. They've all done a fabulous job with the challenge this week.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Oh Heather, so beautiful!