Thursday, July 2, 2009

Canada Day

One of the challenges for Summerfest at The Scrapping Nook this week is "This Land Is Our Land". In honour of Canada Day (and Independence Day in the U.S.A.) we were challenged to create something using the colours of our flag. For me that was red and white. 




I also combined a couple of other challenges into this layout for Tara's blog challenges. I used a sketch from Creative Scrappers for my inspiration and I created a fringe for my layout (below the row of photos).

The photos were taken last year on Canada Day. The journaling reads: What better way to celebrate Canada's birthday - fabulous weather, a wonderful friend, and a refreshing dip in the pool.

Papers are from Reminisce, Around The Block, Bazzill, and a Canada kit that I picked up last year but I don't remember the manufacturer.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Great layout Heather!