Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July Mystery Challenge

I had a great time with this month's Mystery Challenge kit from the Scrapping Turtle. It was full of lots of scrapping yummies -- American Crafts papers, die cut cardstock, buttons, brads, two kinds of ribbon, tulle, loop, transparency, Clearstar Gelly Roll pen, and pom pom ribbon. Fantastic!!!!!! 






I used my Quickutz Flourish border die with the striped paper, then cut the flourish into two sections. I also cut my title from the striped paper, using my Quickutz Sugar Sweet font. The flowers were created using three sizes of circle punch, then scrunching up the paper, lots of inking, and layering them together. I topped each flower with a button and a knotted piece of tulle. I used the transparency rulers to create my flower stems. The pom pom ribbon and polka dot ribbon formed my border across the bottom, while I used hand cut scalloped pieces to form a border on the right. I created ribbon leaves from the thin green ribbon, and used one more piece on the loop at the top. I outlined the die cut paper and the title with the Clearstar pen. I put it all together with these fabulous photos of my daughter Sara, taken by my dear friend Kim Munro.


I am thrilled with how this layout turned out. 

No comments: