Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Scrappers Island Week 4

This week the challenge was all about pink, flowers and bling!!!!!! Karan Gerber provided the survivors of last week's Scrappers Island challenge at Two Scrapbook Friends with a fabulous sketch to work with for week four. It was also added that the layout had to include some distressing --- which I love to do!!!!!


I went back in time to when Sara was only six weeks old and selected three of my favourite photos from the photo shoot we had done. 





I found this fabulous glitter paper from Petaloo that I used in my Quickutz with my flower die. I turned the centre over so that I could use it for my journaling. The vellum flower was created by cutting out three of the roses and layering them together. I made another flower from the We R Memory Keepers paper using my Fiskars squeeze punch and a brad. I used a piece of white Bazzill embossed cardstock and chalked it with pink chalk to bring out the embossing and make it pink. I also inked the felt border so that it was a darker pink.

My fingers are crossed that I will be participating in week 5 :)

Here is the list of materials: Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey Two Scoops Creme Brulee, We R Memory Keepers Tiffanys Andrews, Bazzill embossed cardstock (chalked with Catseye chalk), Daisy D's paper, Doodlebug Cupcake Dot Cardstock, EK Success Rose Vellum, Creative Imaginations Creative Cafe paper, Petaloo Glitter Sheet, Queen & Co. Felt Fusion border (inked with Peony ink), Colorbok metal tag, Prima bling and flowers, unknown brad, Making Memories Sabrina Tiny Alphas, Fiskars squeeze punch, Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser, Quickutz Flower die (for journaling flowers)

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Gasp, you are really working this contest! Good luck this layout is stunning!