Friday, July 3, 2009

Golf Card

I'm not sure what inspired me to create this card. I don't play golf, so I don't anticipate sending this card to someone inviting that person to go golfing. I'm really not sure, but the idea popped into my head and I went with it. It all started when Shelley posted her GDT card challenge over at The Scrapping Turtle. She challenged us to create a card using something not normally used in scrapbooking. My first thought was "golf tee". Of course, not being a golfer, I didn't have any golf tees laying around. Off I had to go to Dollarama to see if they had any. They did. So my card is done and I am now the happy owner of 47 extra golf tees and no clue what to do with them.






The grass was created using a Quickutz die, as were the letters. The golf ball was cut using the Sports Mania cartridge from Cricut.

4 comments:

Patty said...

GREAT card!!! I'm going to have to scraplift this idea! You can make more cards or change the saying to "have a tee-rific birthday" :D
Patty

Marissa said...

I love it!!!

You did a great job. Now I should create a similar one for my daughter to send to her Uncle...

Thanks for the inspiration

Ann said...

Very cute!

Deanna said...

Shut up, I love it! :)