Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Scrapped My Tree!!!!

I've been wanting to do a layout of our Christmas tree for a couple of years now. I thought it would be nice to look back and see what it looked like over the years. Although my intentions have been good, I haven't always taken the photos to go with my plan. This year was different. Not only did I make sure that we took some pictures of the tree, we also took some close up pictures of some of the special ornaments. This cute kit of the week from Two Scrapbook Friends was the perfect layout to showcase those pictures. It was super easy too --- just cut a few trees from the Basic Grey Wassail paper; cut two strips for the top; cut the photo mats; adhere everything to page; add title, ribbon, a little doodling and dew drops. My kit was unfortunately missing some letters for the title, so I had to substitute Thickers by American Crafts. I made a couple of small changes to the layout from the instructions, but nothing that detracted from the original design. 



The ornaments showcased are just a few of the many beautiful ones we have on our tree.We have quite a few that have names on them like the elf and stocking. Some are purchased with the names already added, while others I have added the name after purchase. I have started a collection for Sara and Samuel so that one day they will have a tree full of ornaments ready for their first trees. The love ornament is one that we brought home from our trip to Frankenmuth. We found it at Bronner's and knew it had to become part of our tree. The scripture verse was a significant part of our wedding and thus holds very special meaning for us. The ornament of the two bears is one of the first ones we purchased together. It was in honour of our first Christmas together as husband and wife. Sometimes you just have to get those Hallmark ornaments to commemorate special Christmases. The ornaments pictured on the right side are just two examples of the special ornaments that fill our tree -- each one has the name of one of our family members. There is one for each person in our family, including those who have gone before us to the home of our Lord. When a new member of the family arrives we add a new ornament to the tree. They symbolize the love that surrounds our family. The top right one is my Daddy's ornament, while the bottom right one is Gary's Dad's ornament. Adding the name ornaments to the tree is a very special time for us. We even have ornaments for Sara and Sam's loving Godparents and Godsister. 

So there's a little peek at what our tree was like this past Christmas. Now that I have started I hope to be able to document the tree every year. I just hope I don't forget between now and next Christmas.





No comments: