"What A Hoot" showcases photos of Sammy at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington. We plopped him down amongst these beautiful Autumn coloured mum plants. He thought it was hilarious!!!! The 'What A Hoot' title piece was cut from one of the patterned papers. The phrase 'Whoo-Hoo' is one of the rub ons that match the line and the frame around it is one of the chipboard pieces (it originally said School Is Cool, so I cut the centre out to create a frame). There are three chipboard pieces below the photos as well. In the centre of the photos I used two tiles from Technique Tuesday, which I had painted with Ranger Distress Crackle Paint in Pine Needles. The Autumn trees were created using my Quickutz Trees die. I cut the medium and large owls from two of the patterned papers to add to the trees. The two small owls are rub ons. The loops and ribbon are from the bulk wall at the Scrapping Turtle.
"Give Thanks" displays a photo of Sara saying grace at supper time. She started saying grace with us when she was two and now says it independently. She keeps it short right now ("Bless this food, amen"), but she knows that we can't have a meal without it. The photo corners, journaling piece, and small flowers are chipboard pieces that match the paper line. The rub on in the corner also matches the paper line. I added Kaiser Craft rhinestones to the three chipboard flowers. The scalloped edge was created with my Quickutz Scallop border. The title is also a Quickutz die. The flowers in the bottom left corner were created using Quickutz Trees and Turkey dies (the feathers were used as petals), as well as Technique Tuesday tiles which I inked then painted with Ranger Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy.
"Monkey Boy" is one of my favourite layouts. When I saw the leaf ribbon in my kit I immediately thought of it as a vine that monkeys could be hanging from in the jungle. Then I found the fabulous Prima Dancing Monkey in the store. I knew I had to include it on a layout. To create the background I cut two different kinds of leaves out of two different colours of green cardstock using my Quickutz Tropical Leaves die. At first I was only going to have them form a small frame around the photo, but I kept adding more until I had the thick frame that I was then able to mount my monkeys on. I used the Quickutz Anime monkey to make the two monkeys on the vine, as well as the monkey heads that the two 'o's in my title are mounted on. The title is created with American Crafts Thickers. My journaling was done on a Jillibean Soup Journaling Sprout. Thanks to Cindy who showed me that the Tropical Leaves die could be used to form a background for the animal dies -- I was inspired to move her idea even further to make it a complete frame).
My fellow Design Team members did a fabulous job with their kits as well this month. We'd love for you to join us in the Scrapping Turtle forum so that you can see the wonderful creations that were revealed this month by the team. Also keep an eye on the blog where the reveals should be posted very soon.