Thursday, October 22, 2009

Economic Stimulus Challenge Week 5

Kim brought us another fabulous challenge for week five of the Economic Stimulus Challenge on the Scrapping Turtle forum.


 
In order to get all five ballots we had to use:
1. polka dot patterned paper
2. Crate Paper patterned paper
3. zig zag edge
4. at least 3 eyelets
5. alcohol ink

Bonus ballots were given for creating a card using our scraps and for using something from the Design Team Tips and Techniques on the forum.


You cannot see this in the photo, but two of the Crate Paper papers that I used have tiny polka dots on them. I used papers from the Mia line from Crate Paper. The zig zag edge is on the flower stem. I used four eyelets on the photo mat (one is hidden) and threaded the twine through them. I used a bottle cap technique from the DT Tips and Techniques thread and flattened out the bottle cap. Then I inked it with alcohol inks --- it was originally orange and is now a combination of Cranberry, Lettuce and Ginger. The fabulous photo was taken by Kim Munro.






To create my cute little tag card I used a tutorial by Brenda Rowe on the Scrapping Turtle forum. The tutorial was about making a tag from double sided papers. I opted to make a card rather than a tag, but the technique came from Brenda.


Thanks for another great week of the Economic Stimulus Kim!!!!

No comments: