Monday, October 5, 2009

Economic Stimulus Challenge Week 3

Kim gave us another fabulous challenge this week at the Scrapping Turtle for the Economic Stimulus. Each week she has been giving us a list of things to include in a layout and for each one we include we get a ballot for a surprise. This week was another great list, along with two ways to get a bonus ballot -- make a card with the scraps AND use a turtle sketch for the layout.


This week Kim was looking for:
1. Basic Grey patterned paper
2. My Mind's Eye patterned paper
3. chipboard shape
4. bling
5. stamping


I used the Basic Grey Archaic line and the My Mind's Eye Abbey Road Stomp line to create my layout of Sam at the Waterloo Region Children's Museum. As you can see, he wasn't overly thrilled to meet this big fellow. I stamped the footprints around the outside of the paper using my Basic Grey Archaic stamps. The title "Roar" is Maya Road chipboard, which I inked. I used some Kaiser Craft rhinestones on the title and on the dinosaur that I hand cut from the paper. The arrow is also from Kaiser Craft. Thank you to Vicki Murray for the fabulous sketch posted on the Turtle forum which I used for inspiration for this layout.






Here is my bonus card that uses scraps from the papers I used on the layout, as well as another stamp from the Basic Grey Archaic stamp set. The "happy birthday to you" is a Studio G stamp.





Thanks Kim for a great challenge!!! I'm having a lot of fun with the Economic Stimulus!!!!


No comments: