Wednesday, February 18, 2009

25 Random Things

I've been tagged many times on Facebook in the last little while to do my "25 Random Things" list. I've been putting it off - not because I don't want to do it, but because other things keep getting in the way. I actually like these kind of things, because they give little insights into the person who has written them -- and it is all for fun!! So I decided to put it here on my blog as well as on Facebook. 

So, deep breath, here goes ...

1. Sara, Samuel and Gary are my everything -- nothing on this earth compares to them and the love I have for them.
2. I am deeply, completely and whole heartedly in love with someone other than my husband - His name is Jesus and I owe everything to Him.
3. I talk to God and Jesus every day, sometimes many times a day. I know they are always with me, always listening and will always help me through whatever challenges I have to face. I know they hear my prayers and will always answer them.
4. Whenever I see a fire truck, ambulance or police car with the lights and siren going I say a prayer for the safety of the people in that vehicle and those they are going to help. 
5. I cannot understand how people think it is completely acceptable to pay someone millions of dollars a year to chase a ball around, or sing on a stage for a few hours, or act in movies or television shows, but condemn fire fighters, police officers, and doctors for the amount of money they make. When was the last time that a baseball player, musician or actor stopped a house from burning down, saved a person's life or rescued a person whose life was in danger? I'd much rather give my money to people who are saving lives and making the world a better place, than to people who only care about their own egos.
6. I don't drive at night - trust me, that's a good thing. Driving isn't easy to do with your eyes closed. My theme song at night is "Blinded By The Light".
7. I had a bicycle accident in 2000, on September 11th. It earned me the nickname "Crash" at work and the joke was that I was literally throwing myself at men.
8. I've had a headache 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year since that accident. So far no medication has managed to take it away.
9. One of the most annoying things about having an invisible 'disability' are the people who say "Well you look okay" -- especially those people who should know better.
10. I will do anything in the world for my children, even if it causes me pain. I'm smiling in all of the photos because I don't want every picture of my children's childhoods to be of me looking like I'm in pain.
11. The most glorious sound in the world to me is the sound of my children  -- to me the sound of their laughter is like angels singing.
12. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I was put on this earth to be Mommy to Sara and Samuel.
13. I had midwives for both of my pregnancies. They were both wonderful amazing women and I cherish that time under their care. I highly recommend midwives -- you won't get better care.
14. I believe in angels. My children have a bunch of guardian angels and so do I. I know they are with us every day.
15. My best friend died tragically when I was in grade twelve. It took me years to recover from that loss. I still miss him. There were a lot of very uncertain dark times in those years, but one thing I always knew was that my Lord never once left my side and still hasn't.
16. The day I was baptized I literally felt the hand of God holding me. I've never forgotten that moment. It was the most incredible moment of my life, followed closely by the births of my children and the day I married my soulmate.
17. I wear my heart on my sleeve and have a tendency to trust people too deeply. Unfortunately a lot of people take advantage of that, betray my trust and break my heart. You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now, but I keep on trusting and keep on getting my heart broken.
18. Gary is my soul mate. He is the person I was born to fall in love with, my destiny, my dream come true. I will love him until the end of time and beyond. He and I will always be together.
19. I regret that my Daddy didn't live long enough to meet Gary and his grandchildren. But, then again, he watches over them every day so he knows them very well.
20. I realized I was in love with Gary after getting a concussion from getting hit in the head with a basketball --- people recovering from head injuries should not get hit in the head. However, it did make me really see what I had right in front of me so that was a good thing.
21. I wanted to be a doctor when I was growing up. I don't regret becoming a teacher --- I love my career --- but there are days I still think about being a doctor.
22. I am a fan of classic television shows. I'd much rather pull out one of my DVD sets than watch most of what is currently on television. The exceptions would be the new Doctor Who, American Idol, and 24 (although I really don't like all the profanity). I'd much rather watch The Big Valley, Emergency or Little House on the Prairie to name a few of my favourites than most of the stuff that is being aired today. I just can't accept the level of profanity and disrespect on most of the shows.
23. I was blessed to have grown up with three of the most amazing men and two of the most amazing women in my life - and I miss them all deeply. They were a gift in my life that I will cherish forever. I will forever be grateful for the lessons they taught me and the love they gave me while they walked this earth. They are my guardian angels and their names (in no particular order) are Kenneth, Donald, Stanley, Violet and Dorothy. I love them all and always will.
24. I am addicted to scrapbooking. I do it to preserve the past and the present for the future. I know those memories are precious and want them to always be there for my children and their children.
25. I miss my Daddy so much that my heart aches for him every day. He is always on my mind and always in my heart. I wish I could have just one more day with him, be able to see him hold his grandchildren, hear his voice one more time, wrap my arms around him and tell him how much I love him. I love you Daddy!!!!

I actually think I could come up with more things, but 25 is enough for now.

What would be on your list of 25 random things?

No comments: