Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day

Today was Remembrance Day. Unfortunately I am coming down with a cold so I wasn't able to attend the service today with the children -- a cold on top of how I already feel isn't good. We watched the service from Ottawa on television. I found it all very moving. I am so grateful to the men and women who have served in the wars and have fought to protect our freedom. We owe them so much and should never forget the sacrifices that were made for our sake and for the future generations. I pray that my children will see the end of war in their lifetime and will never have to experience war first hand.
Today was a day for remembrance in another way in our household as well. On this date in 1995 the greatest man I never knew passed away. Harold Haggett, Gary's Dad, my Father-in-law. I wish I had been able to meet him, I wish he had lived to see his son get married, I wish he had lived to play with his grandchildren. I miss him so much, even though I never met him. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have my wonderful husband or my beautiful children. Thank you Dad H. for the wonderful job you did raising your son. We love you.

No comments: