Monday, March 22, 2010

Layouts From Sketches

I really enjoy using sketches in my scrapbooking, especially when I need a bit of an inspirational boost. Sometimes I use the sketch basically as it is, sometimes I make subtle changes, and sometimes I change it so much that it looks completely different. Even though I don't use them as often as I used to, I find sketches to be a great resource.


All of the layouts I am sharing today were created based on a sketch. They were either for one of the weekly DT challenges at the Scrapping Turtle or for the online sketch crop that we hosted.


First is a sketch that I created myself (I don't have a drawing program so I had to create it by hand) and the layout I created to accompany it. I had fun creating the sketch :) I used some fabulous Jillibean Soup for my layout of Sammy trying out Sara's keyboard.











The following layouts were created based on sketches, but I forgot to save the sketch information. The first was for the online sketch crop that we had on the Scrapping Turtle forum, while the other two were for the weekly DT challenges.





1 comment:

Tracey said...

Fabulous layouts Heather!! It helps to have such cute subjects! xx