Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September Mystery Challenge

I almost forgot to do the Scrapping Turtle Mystery Challenge for this month. I was sitting here Sunday night getting ready to head to bed when I saw the bag. How could I have forgotten the Mystery Challenge????? Then I was away most of the day on Monday, so I had to scramble to finish it and get it posted before the deadline passed. Luckily I finished it with a few hours to spare, photographed it, and got it up and posted in the gallery on the Scrapping Turtle forum.


Lori put together a fabulous kit this month. Love that Bo Bunny Mango Luau. There were so many wonderful parts to hand cut and showcase that I just had to make it into a two page layout. It's been awhile since I did a two pager and boy was this one fun. I used my Quickutz Scallop border dies for the bottom edge and the Relax font for my title. The letters of the title are actually four layers and a tiny bit of doodling. I added the glitter to the green circles on my title block.






The photos were taken of Sara and Samuel playing mini golf for the first time ever while we were at Dutch Wonderland in Pennsylvania. It was so cute watching them try to figure out what to do. Samuel was obsessed with the coloured golf balls and quite happily picked up every one that he found and returned it to its rightful owner (he didn't quite get the idea that the ball is supposed to stay on the ground).


Here is a close up of page 1:





Here is a close up of page 2:




Thanks for another great kit Lori!!!! I hope I can still get a kit for October -- they sell out very fast.

1 comment: