Friday, June 19, 2009

Technique Tuesday Classes Part 2

Remember this post? Those were the images from the kit for the first week. I now have some more images to post of the projects created using the Technique Tuesday class kits from The Scrapping Turtle.


I was able to locate some white twill, which I need in order to finish the layout from week 2. It isn't done so I can't post it yet. I do however have the lovely card that was created with the same kit. I really enjoyed stamping and creating the pretty flowers.




The kit for week 3 also involved creating a layout (double page thanks to the wonderful Lori) and a card. I am posting the layout without photos, since I am going to wait until the end of the year to add photos highlighting the entire year. The penciled squares indicate where the photos will go. It is my intention to make it a layout about both of the children and use a picture of them together from each month in 2009. This was my first experience stamping on twill. I was nervous at first, but I know it is something I will try again --- especially since I need to do it to complete the layout from week 2.




I altered my card very slightly from the example in the kit for week 3. I matted the words "love" and "everyday" then pop dotted them to the card. I think I know who I'm going to be giving this card to :)




As for the layout from week 2 --- I still need to stamp the twill and attach it (BTW: if you happen to need 1" wide white twill Len's Mill Store in Hespeler carries it), and find just the right photos to finish it off. I am hoping to have a photo shoot with the children on Monday, so hopefully there will be some perfect photos to complete the layout. Gary and I took the children shopping today and found some nice outfits for the photo shoot --- let's just hope things work out for doing it on Monday.

No comments: