Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Multi Challenge Layout

I was able to combine three challenges, from three different sites for this layout.


First, I came up with the idea for the immunity challenge at Two Scrapbook Friends this week. Our challenge was to create a layout about ourselves and have it uploaded by midnight last night. Due to my Mom having to go to Emergency (she's okay) last night, I didn't actually get to this until after 11 p.m. I think it turned out quite well for a hastily done layout. We had to include a photo of ourselves. I couldn't get one I liked of just me, so I used this one of myself with Sara.





Second, one of the challenges for Summerfest at The Scrapping Nook this week is "Big Title, Bit Impact" so I hauled out my Quickutz Diesel font (love that font!!!!) and created my title. I used Chocolate Box Coredinations paper for the title and sanded it to reveal the green colour. I really like how the big title draws attention to the layout.




Third, Tara challenged us to "Hide It" on her blog. That meant creating a layout with hidden journaling. I decided to take the Making Memories journaling paper, add a big flower folded in half to the front, and put my journaling on the back. The flower flips down to reveal the journaling.





The journaling was actually the most difficult part of this layout to do. I wanted to share a very personal part of myself, something that I haven't told everyone. Yet at the same time I didn't want to go into too much detail as some things are meant to be personal. So it is a bit of a personal glimpse into my life right now.


I didn't win immunity in the challenge, but I'm still very happy that I did the layout.

No comments: