Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Exciting News!!!!

Today is a very exciting day for me -- it is the first day of my month as Guest Design Team member for The Scrapping Turtle Design Team. I am so excited and honoured to be part of the amazing team they have put together. Check out the announcement on The Scrapping Turtle blog


This month we were given some awesome new papers from American Crafts. I was lucky enough to work with the Backyard line. I also was given the naked chipboard Thickers to work with. I inked them with Adirondack Bright Yellow ink, then added some highlighting dots with my white pen. The letters in raincoat are also done in Glossy Accents. I used my Quickutz Rockstar font for the word Spring, adding some Stickles to make them sparkle. I also used my Quickutz tulip and raindrops dies.




Today we also revealed the product highlight for the month of April. Bazzill InStitch'z sewing templates. These templates are awesome and so versatile. The Design Team worked on showing some of the different ways these templates can be used --- and it includes more than just sewing!!!!! For my layout I used the templates to punch the border around the outside, then used my Glaze pen to do some faux stitching. I then used the templates with my Glaze pen (no punching) to create the zig zag around the photo, as well as the flourishes around my title. Using my journaling pen and the templates I created my title.  Oh, I used two different Quickutz borders on this layout - Scallops and Flowers.




Hop on over to The Scrapping Turtle forum to see the rest of the fabulous work by this month's Design Team. They are an  awesome group of ladies!!!!! If you aren't a member of the forum I hope you will sign up. We are always thrilled to welcome new members to the Turtle Pond.

I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to Hannah, Lori and the awesome Scrapping Turtle team for giving me this wonderful opportunity!!!!! I love The Scrapping Turtle and I'm thrilled to have this chance to be part of the team!!!! 

THE SCRAPPING TURTLE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Great job Heather, that is exciting!

Unknown said...

Congrats Heather - you always make such pretty things - you're a natural!!

Sheri said...

WoW!!! That is soooooo exciting!! Congratulations on your awesome achievement! You deserve it girl! Of course...it doesn't hurt that your subjects are so adorable!

JenE said...

Congrats Heather!!! Great job on your LOs. You're gonna ROCK on the DT!!

Allison Cope said...

Congrats Heather! That's awesome! Psst.. check out my blog for another smile today!

Joanne said...

Congrats to you Heather! By the way, you have been tagged - check out my blog!