Friday, May 28, 2010

Online Crop and Other Challenges

There are lots of great challenges over at the Scrapping Turtle forum right now. The new D.T. is hosting our first online crop "Cruising Into Summer" this weekend and we're having a blast. Please join us on Saturday May 29th for another great day of our online crop :)



I have four challenges and one game posted for the online crop. I had fun creating my projects for them.


1. I challenged everyone to create a shaped layout or card -- it could be any shape, except for a regular straight edged square or rectangle. I used a die cut patterned paper that has scalloped edges for my layout.





2. My H2O challenge is all about water -- water has to be represented in some form or another whether it is in the photo, the paper, the title, the embellishments, etcetera.





3. For a twist I shared a CardMaps card sketch from PageMaps.com and challenged everyone to use it to create a layout. The journaling on my layout reads: "I've learned to cherish these moments, the simple often taken for granted moments. The simple act of taking a walk with my children is something I can't do very often so I cherish being able to do it in Toronto."





4. I challenged everyone to create a card using a layout sketch from PageMaps.com. I used the Fancy Pants About A Girl line to create my card.





I also have a few other recent challenges to share.


Shelley posted two sketch challenges for us this month. One was for a layout and the other for a card. Here are the projects I created, both of which I made while attending the National Scrapbook Day crop at the Scrapping Turtle:





Tanya's layout challenge on the forum challenged us to create a two page layout using six or more photos. I used some more of my Fancy Pants About A Girl line to create my layout for this challenge.





I also posted the reveal for May's Pass The Turtle Shell. It's a fabulous reveal and I hope you will visit the forum to check it out. I love doing this every month and I love how excited the participants are for it every month. I hope you will join us for it in June.




Thanks for looking :)

No comments: