Saturday, February 27, 2010

February Mystery Kit

What a beautiful kit for this month's Mystery Kit at the Scrapping Turtle!!! I had fun with this one. At first I found it a challenge to figure out what to do with the paper flowers, but then inspiration hit me. I folded them and cut them into snowflakes (remember how we fold paper to make paper snowflakes, well that is what I did with the paper flowers). I also decided to cut the big snowflake paper in half and only use half of it on my layout. I used my QK Supermarket font to cut the title out of two different papers, then layered it. I used the punch out portions from the big snowflake to make the smaller snowflake for matting the close up of Sammy.


Unfortunately the photo doesn't capture the shimmer of the snowflake paper or the bling cardstock. It has been snowing quite a bit here so the days are rather gloomy.



2 comments:

bananagirl said...

Nice layout Heather, I wish I had gotten to the Turtle to get one this month :(

Tracey said...

A fantastic layout Heather!!